At FPR we have been lucky to work with dozens of talented designer and artists over the years. This past fashion week we had the privilege to manage ASHTIANI by Golnaz Ashtiani’s Spring/Summer 2013 runway show for the third consecutive season. We met Golnaz at the Toronto Fashion Incubtor’s New Labels Runway Competition and Show in 2011 when she won the title of Best New Label and our praise. Since then, we have been hooked. The creative powerhouse (in a pint size package) is ever evolving, growing her brand with each collection. With stockists in London, England, Honk Hong and Toronto, ASHTIANI has proved itself a label to be coveted.
1. What designer do you admire the most?
Alexander McQueen, he was a genius and the most creative designer of all time.
2. What defines success to you?
Real success for me is staying true to the vision I have and being able to do what I love the most and be recognized on an international level.
3. What is your proudest moment thus far in your career?
I have done so many collections so far that I’m very proud of, however designing a dress out of White Cashmere bathroom tissue in support of breast cancer was the proudest moment for me.
4. Three things you cannot live without?
My collection of vintage magazines, my MacBook and BlackBerry phone.
5. What has been the hardest lesson you have learned throughout your career?
To have patience and be more open to constructive feedback.
6. Favorite fashionable destination?
London and Milan. You could never look overdressed in these cities.
7. If you could dress one celebrity in ASHTIANI – dead or alive – who would it be?
Kate Middleton - she’s the only one I admire.
8. As your career predicts, you are constantly changing your product and making it new again and again, where do you look for inspiration?
I like to work on classic silhouettes and make them modern and suitable for our time. Most of my inspirations come from old movies and vintage magazines I’ve collected over the past years.